God at Work Quote
I was not involved during the summer camps, but was encouraged to see obvious spiritual growth in 2 young people from our Chapel, who participated in the CIT program. Thank you for all you do.
2012 Christians in Training Application
The Christians in Training (CIT) program is an intensive, three-week discipleship program that is designed to
help high school students grow in their love and devotion to God, and to learn how to serve God by serving
others. This is accomplished by daily Bible study and prayer times (individual and group), training, daily work
projects (cleaning, woodcutting, trail prep, painting, etc.), and other acts of service.
Participants in the CIT programs are teens who demonstrate a clear desire to grow in their relationship with
God and have a willingness to serve others. The CIT program is a character and spiritual building
experience, where teens are trained to live their life in a way that honors God.
* Selection for participation in this program is based upon: 1) your application and 2) a personal reference. *
Thank you for your willingness to apply! If you are accepted, the cost for one three-week session will be
$125. Please pray that God will lead the selection committee in the processing of these applications.
Last Name/ First Name/ Middle Initial
Address/ Apt. Number/ City/ State/ Zip Code
Home Phone (including area code) Cell Phone (including area code) Your personal Email Address:
Parent or Guardian's Name(s)
The Name of Your Church Phone No. (include area code)
Church Address! City! State! Zip Code
Grade next fall_ Birth Date: ____________ Age: __ Sex: Male/Female Shirt Size: S/ M/ LI XL
(circle one) (circle one)
Please rank CIT session preference: 1 = first choice, 2 = second choice. Only make a
second choice if you can attend that camp.
I would like to attend:
____ CIT 1 (June 16- July 7)
____ CIT 2 (July 14- Aug 5)
Please answer the following questions, using these instructions.
Shiloh Bible Camp- CIT
c/o Dave & Kris Kellett
2812 North River Road
Cosmopolis, WA 98537
1. List any previous CIT or Junior CIT experience you've had. If you have had previous CIT experience, explain how you benefited from the experience.
2. Did you apply for CIT last year?
3. Can you be at CIT for the entire session? Explain if you cannot:
4. What is your testimony of how you came to know Jesus as your Lord and Savior?
5. List two strengths/gifts and two weaknesses in yourself. Describe how each would impact your CIT experience.
6. Why do you want to attend the Christians in Training program?
7. Are you willing to follow all of the Shiloh Bible Camp rules and policies, as well as any directions given to you by the Shiloh Directors, CIT Directors, and Shiloh Board?
(Rules and Policies will be explained in detail when you are accepted into the program.)
8. Are you willing to work hard during your session?
We will process your application after we have received all of your paperwork.
Questions? Call us at 360-532-5179, or 509-949-4318. Thank you!
Shiloh Bible Camp CIT Reference Form
(To be completed by applicant's youth group leader, Sunday School teacher, or pastor)
_________________________________________________ is being considered for acceptance into one of
Shiloh Bible Camp's "Training in Christian Living" (CIT) programs. Participants in these programs must
be individuals who demonstrate a clear desire to grow in their relationship with God, and a willingness to
serve others. The programs are demanding, pushing each person to give his or her best.
Thank you for your willingness to give us your evaluation of this individual. Please be completely frank,
commenting only on the characteristics you have observed. We will rely heavily on your
recommendations. Please feel free to elaborate if further explanation is needed. If you have any
questions, please call Dave or Kris Kellett at hm: 360-532-5179, or cell: 509-949-4318.
Your comments on this form will be confidential.
1. How long have you known the applicant?_______________________________________________
2. Is the applicant a Christian? _________ For approximately how long? _______________________ _
3. Does the applicant appear to be growing in his/her Christian experience? ______ If so, what evidence can you cite that would demonstrate this? _________________________________________________
4. Does the applicant take an active interest in their local church? ____ If so, in what way(s) does he or she serve? ___________________________________________________________________________
5. What is the applicant's attitude toward leadership or authority? ________________________________ _
6.Describe any areas of strength you observe in the applicant. __________________________________
7.Describe any areas of weakness you observe in the applicant _________________________________
In questions 8-12, please check the ONE that best describes the applicant:
_____ Not applicable in our situation
_____ Makes no effort to lead
_____ Tries but lacks ability (others do not follow)
_____Shows promise (others sometimes follow)
_____Good ability (others usually follow)
_____ Considerable ability (others readily follow)
_____ Needs constant supervision
_____ Begins but does not finish
_____ Meets average expectations
_____ Does over and above assignment
_____ Superior ability and follow-through
10. Emotional Stability
_____ Over-responds emotionally
_____ Tends to be moody
_____ Sometimes well-balanced
_____ Balanced and controlled
_____ Shy and withdrawn
12. Peer Acceptance
_____ Sought out by others
13. Please rate the applicant 1,2,3, or 4 on the following characteristics and traits: (1) Superior, (2) Above
average, (3) Average, (4) Weak in that area. Please evaluate the applicant in relationship to hislher own age group.
_____ Personal appearance
_____ Physical condition
_____ Ability to work with others
_____ Ability to make friends
_____ Sense of humor
_____ Honesty and personal integrity
_____ Initial impression
_____ Attitude toward authority
_____ Attitude toward hard work
Please mail, scan/email, or fax this completed Reference Form directly to:
Mail: Shiloh Bible Camp- CIT
2812 North River Road
Cosmopolis, WA 98537
Please submit your reference by Mav 1, 2012.
Signature: ___________________________________________________ Date: ___________ _
Title: _________________________ Organization: ___________________________________ _
Phone Number: _________________ Email: _______________________________________ _
DAVE & KRIS KELLETT
Shiloh Bible Camp
(ALL INFORMATION IS KEPT CONFIDENTIAL)